- 2 3/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cups coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 grapefruit, zested and pulp if you’d like
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (with no sugar if you have it)
- 1/3 grapefruit juice (& some pulp if you’d like)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Grease your cake pan.
- Pour in batter & bake for 35 minutes.
It came out darker than I expected, but I think it’s because of the flours I used.
- Pour yogurt, grapefruit juice & vanilla into mixing bowl.
- Turn mixer on low.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until smooth consistency.
- I only add green food coloring for St. Patrick’s Day. Feel free to leave it the pretty, natural shade it is.
I’m sure there are better ways to make this, but we thought this cake tasted awesome and was so rich & moist so we’re good with this recipe. We will definitely make it again! 🍊